We're building a rising movement of people fighting for a future of opportunity, equality, and inclusion. CPD Action works on campaigns that expand the voice and power of workers, communities of color, and immigrants on issues of economic and racial justice.
CPD Action, along with our sister organization Center for Popular Democracy, works to create equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with high-impact base-building organizations, organizing alliances, and progressive unions. We work on campaigns that promote a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda and win victories to improve people’s lives.
What we're fighting for
- A voice in our economy
- We believe that all workers deserve living wages and safe, sustaining jobs that provide the dignity of work, as well as access to leisure and rest.
- We believe the playing field between the top 1% and the rest of us must be leveled and Big Banks must be held responsible for predatory practices that have forced millions into debt.
- A voice in our democracy
- We believe that full citizenship ensures that immigrants, the formerly incarcerated, women, and LGBTQ individuals and they should have access to the full benefits and privileges of citizenship.
- A voice in our society
- We believe in building the power of low-income workers, people of color, and immigrants to win campaigns that impact our daily lives.
- We believe all Americans regardless of race, class, and status are entitled to a voice and a democracy from being able to speak out in the workplace without retribution to expanding voting rights to ending unfair policing practices.